About Me

I am a life long learner and educator with a belief in the constructivist approach to educating children – that students learn best when learning is active. A teacher’s role in facilitating student learning rests in fostering an environment in which they are mentally involved and engaged in hands-on activities that promote inquiry, discovery, investigation, interpretation and reflection.

I want students to learn to try. I want them to take risks. I want them to fail and then fail forward. I want them to stand in the light that is shone upon them and reflect it onto others so that they leave this world a little bit better then how they found it – whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, an act of kindness or a redeemed social condition.

Please feel free to leave a comment even if you have never left a comment on a blog before. Sharing ideas and resources is how we grow. Just click on “comment” at the bottom of each post.  Anything that is this color –> click here  <– is a hyperlink and if you click on it, you get more information about what is being written.